Berry Big Hugs

 It's Fri-YAY!
Welcome, Friends! I hope your week has been wonderful so far. 

Today I'm popping in to share a set of cards inspired by our freezer full of berries.
A little while back, we had the opportunity to spend a wonderful morning in the berry patch, picking pails upon pails of beautiful, sun-ripened strawberries.

And since one can only eat so many while they're fresh, we decided to freeze the rest. I've been pondering all week what type of recipes I will use them in, so if you have any favorites, please do share below. 

But until then, I decided to create a little card as a thank you to our dear friend who shared her beautiful berries with us! And a couple more just for good measure. Oh and I've added the doubles to the shoppe! Just in case you're itching for a touch of sweetness in your life ;)


I really wanted to crate something that made the strawberries pop, and I think these fit the bill! I love the bold, red details against the soft background.


To create this card, I started with a cream and teal patterned paper, covering a base card. I used my Papertrey Ink Coin Purse Pockets die to cut the little holes around the cream colored paper, which I then stitched with white floss.

At the top of the card, I stamped and cut a few little leaves and a pretty flower from CTMH Shower Flowers stamp set.


Just below, I used another CTMH stamp (I believe it's retired now) to crate the medallion, stamped in Raspberry Fizz ink from Papertrey Ink. 

Sitting atop, I added a little chipboard strawberry motif, and a few more stamped flowers.


For the bottom, I wanted to feature a bold sentiment, and this beautiful scripted font from PTI was perfect! I used the Big Hugs stamp and die set.


Next, I wanted to create a more subtle berry card, so this little patterned paper was perfect! I have no idea who it's by, it was in an old stash of scrap papers, but I'm so glad it's found a home :) 


To start, I cut a piece of soft blush felt using PTI's Scene It: Basic Backer Die and then a simple cardstock punched circle. I stamped little flowers all around using WPlus9's Fresh Cut Florals  in Pinefeather and Pure Poppy inks from PTI. A button and some ribbon finish the tag as well as little cluster of flowers with a beaded center.


For the last creation, I'm sharing a little pocket that would fit a bitty treat or two.



I used a glassine bag and a little bit of crepe paper at the top to create some ruffled texture.
Just below, I punched a scalloped carstock tag, and stamped WPlus9's Fresh Cut Wreaths, in Pinefeather, Ocean Tides, and Raspberry Fizz.  

At the bottom, A little strip of patterned paper as well as a lace and bead accent.

That's it form me today! Happy Weekend!


Ivana


4 comments

  1. These are all so fresh and lovely! A trio of fabulousness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work brings cheer and brightness to my day Ivana : )
    Thanks for sharing these lovely cards~ Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeously heartwarming work as always! Love all the pretty layers and soft colors.
    Also, I would like to thank you for stopping by my little blog and leaving such sweet comments. I truly appreciate it. :)
    Keep inspiring and take care. :)
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!! These cards are so fresh and pretty. Remind me of a day in the country!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!